Mobile Network Security – Course Contents
Day 1 Core Network Architectures
- Workshop to develop register of risks.
- Core Network (CN) System Architecture.
- 2G, 3G & 4G RAN and CN Nodes.
- Roles & Functions of CN Nodes.
- Control Plane Segregation.
- Role of OSS and BSS Systems.
- Femto-Cell Architecture.
- Protocols over Radio and CN Interfaces.
- Trace tools for network analysis.
- Identification of points of attack.
- Impact of attacks on various nodes.
- Thorough interactive discussion throughout.
Day 2 Security aspects
- Refinement and further development of individuals security ‘risk register’.
- Security Aspects within the RAN and CN.
- Standards overview for 3GPP and IETF Security .
- Security Processes in 2G,3G & 4G.
- Compare 2G,3G & 4G algorithm effectiveness.
- Key Management and Session Key Hierarchy.
- Role of IMSI Catcher & Message flows.
- Authentication, Encryption and Integrity message flows and comparisons.
- Protection of signalling and user data for the various network generations.
- Role of IPSec in 4G LTE CN on exposed IP interfaces.
- Intruder Detection System (IDS) best practice within the core network (CN).
- SIM Card Functions within mobile networks
- Decode of traces taken from live networks are used as illustrative example.