Effective Telecoms Strategies – Advanced Business Diploma (5-Day Mini MBA)
From the provider of the Telecoms Mini MBA, this advanced level programme provides the next step in creating business strategy and competitive advantage in a dynamic environment.
This demanding and comprehensive programme, part of the University-accredited Advanced Telecoms Management Series, gives participants the tools to make a solid strategic appraisal of the changes taking place in the Telecoms & Media industry and to develop appropriate strategies to enable telecoms organisations to deliver value in future. Participants apply new concepts and ideas to a realistic business simulation throughout the course, and can relate these to their own organisations and functions using the unique Post-programme Implementation Plan.
Successful completion of this programme will enable you to build effective medium- and long-term business strategies by:
- IDENTIFYING the key sources of strategic value
- ANALYSING the main strategic technology, market and business models
- EVALUATING the impact of industry trends
- DETERMINING and developing organisational and ecosystem wide sources of sustainable competitive advantage
- IDENTIFYING innovative strategic customer segments
- ASSESSING key risks to strategy
“Value of course greatly enhanced by turbulent times in which we live. Sound strategic planning was never needed more than now” NM, CESG
The Effective Telecoms Strategies Programme
This programme is very interactive in nature and, structured around a series of presentations and discussion forums. It has been designed to allow a good balance of knowledge and skills transfer, networking, creative thinking, and strategic business analysis.
Real life examples and case studies are used throughout in order to maximise the relevance of the business analysis, and to help identify best business practice.
Day 1: Strategic Thinking – Your Strategy Tool Box How to use your strategy tools to explore future options for your company.
- Day 2: The Market Reality – Explore the latest research from Ovum How does the future telecoms business environment impact your strategic options? How will you fund your strategic growth and what are the financial implications of your strategic decisions?
Day 3: Implementing the Strategy – Manage change to implement your strategy - How to manage change within your organisation to implement your strategic plan.
Day 4: Making it Sustainable – Lift your organisation above the competition Create and sustain competitive advantage for long-term success – what are our internal and external sources of competitive advantage? Explore the impact of major risks to organisational strategy and techniques for dealing with risk.
- Day 5: Communicating the Strategy – Complete your strategic plan and present your ‘Bid’ The business simulation runs throughout the week, applying the concepts and tools from the programme in a rigorous and structured manner, delegates develop their strategic analysis, strategy formulation and thinking skills to the highest level.
Who should attend this course?
This programme has been designed for mid-senior managers, future managers and specialists in telecommunications and related industries to develop effective telecom business strategies – equipping them to steer their organisations more effectively through a high risk environment.
If you have previously completed a Telecoms Mini MBA programmes (standard, marketing or technology version), this programme is an ideal complimentary programme that focuses on developing strategic direction.