LTE Radio Planning & Optimisation (5-Day Bootcamp)
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: Register by 20th August save: £210
This certification programme covers the principles and execution of LTE radio planning and optimisation. The course begins with a discussion of the LTE physical layer explaining the time and frequency domain structures and covering those aspects of the LTE radio interface that will have an impact on coverage and capacity. A detailed examination of LTE link budgets is provided, identifying and calculating the typical link budget reference points and discussing elements of the budgeting process that are unique to LTE. Following the calculation of link budget pathloss, the course turns to propagation models and cell radius prediction. Typical models are discussed and compared and full link budget and radius predictions are carried out.
To support the link budget and modelling techniques, as well as apply the learning in an industry-leading software package, Mentum Planet will be used to demonstrated and analyse the LTE radio planning process. We also model and analyse typical LTE deployments, discussing the major variables and discuss LTE implementation options in detail. Optimisation of the LTE radio plan is then explained and demonstrated, covering eNB configuration, as well as IDLE mode and CONNECTED mode parameters. The range and impact of the optimisation parameters are discussed followed by an opportunity to experiment and explore “hands on” with dedicated optimisation software. The impact ofeach of the parameters discussed are demonstrated.
At the end of the course, the delegate will be able to:
- Plan an effective LTE network, understanding the impact of the major capacity and coverage issues and the different technology choices.
- Gain a solid foundation on which to plan and facilitate advanced technology projects – with higher competency levels bringing operational efficiencies, cost savings, and time-to-market advantage.
- Use capacity modelling techniques to determine the overall system capacity and plan for future network expansion..
- Enhance your understanding of LTE physical layer theory.
- Fully understand and calculate LTE link capacity under different radio channel conditions.
- Build and calculate detailed LTE link budgets for both Rural and Urban areas .
- Compare and select typical propagation models used to predict cell range for LTE radio links.
- Use a capacity models to determine the likely requirements of a single LTE subscriber.
- Discuss eNB configuration parameters and understand the impact on planning and optimisation process.
- Use dedicated coverage optimisation software to explore the impact of specific parameter selections on the planning process.
- Build the confidence to make decisions on technology implementation and procurement that are commercially viable, minimise risk, and in line with the strategy and goals of the wider organization.
- LTE Architecture Review
- LTE Radio Interface
- Link Budgets for LTE
- Coverage Planning
- eNB Configeration
- IDLE Mode Parameters
- CONNECTED Mode Parameters
- Capacity Planning for LTE
- Coverage Planning for LTE
- Coverage Optimisation