In this programme we explore the concepts of 5G wireless network technology, including features and capability requirements, the technologies that will deliver the core capabilities, and the impact on the customer proposition. We look holistically at the role of 5G in the technology roadmap and what it means for communication services providers (CSPs). Topics including current standardization work, regulation and industry activity; usage scenarios and deployment options; performance; capacity requirements; interoperability; security requirements; architectures; spectrum; and the impact on business models are all discussed. Participants will build a comprehensive picture of 5G, as it stands, enabling them to make more informed technology and business decisions and contribute more effectively to successful strategy development.
Outcomes and Competency Development
Participants on theis 5G Mobile Technology programme will develop or be able to:
- Contribute much more effectively to decision making and medium / long term strategy development within your organisation.
- Evaluate implementation options for 5G, building knowledge of a comprehensive set of technology / deployment scenarios, and identifying the use case that each combination can effectively support.
- Develop technology solutions and roadmaps that are better aligned with the expected industry direction and that take account of latest technology developments and initiatives.
- A solid foundation on which to build organisational competency development plans to ensure opportunities arising from 5G can be maximised.
- Confidence to set expectation and drive internal debate on advanced technology issues, and to better evaluate solutions in terms of commercially viability, risk, and strategy.
- Ovum Operator Survey of 5G
- Defining 5G, Market Drivers and Use Cases
- 5G Supporting Technologies and Core Network Concepts
- 5G Radio Access Networks and Technologies